Helpful Websites and Resources
We’ve created some resources as you help families plan and prepare for college.
- Petersons.com Peterson’s offers products for college search and selection, test preparation, and financial aid. If you’re looking for ways to make college more affordable, you can also use Peterson’s Scholarship Search, a financial aid database of nearly $5 billion worth of scholarships, grants, and prizes.
- CollegeBoard.com The College Board is a not-for-profit membership association whose mission is to connect students to college success and opportunity. Founded in 1900, the College Board is composed of more than 5,700 schools, colleges, universities, and other educational organizations.
- U.S. Department of Education The U.S. Department of Education’s website offers a searchable list of 529-eligible higher education institutions.
- FAFSA4caster The U.S Department of Education’s Federal Student Aid office created this tool to help you understand your expected family contribution (EFC) and options for paying for college.
- College Affordability and Transparency Center This site (courtesy of the U.S. Department of Education) allows you to research a college’s affordability and value so you can make an informed decision about whether the school could be a good fit for you.
- College Savings Plans Network The College Savings Plans Network is a national nonprofit association dedicated to making college more accessible and affordable for families. Its website provides detailed information about college savings plans and allows you to compare 529 plans from around the country.
- Savingforcollege.com Valuable resources including newsletters, cost of college calculators, and the ability to compare various 529 plans and other investment options make Savingforcollege.com a site to help make planning for college easier.
- State Treasurer of Illinois The State Treasurer serves as Trustee and Administrator for the Program.
- Illinois Department of Revenue The official website of the Illinois Department of Revenue provides access and information in regards to local and state taxes.
- Union Bank & Trust This financial institution serves as the Program Manager for the Bright Start 529 College Savings Plan.
- Morningstar Find college savings insights and tips.